Boiler flue / extractor vent spacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been advised by the engineer doing my boiler service that the utility extractor vent (that LABC insisted be added for sign-off) is in breach of building regs because it's less than 300mm from the boiler flue. That all seems to match other advise I see on the forum.

The part I found strange is that he told me he needed to advise Cadent and that they would come and cut off my gas. Do gas safe engineers have any such obligation?

It sounded suspicious to me, because it was presented quite aggressively along the lines of "pay me £190 to fix it or I have to tell Cadent and they'll disconnect your boiler".

Sponsored Links
He is right in that it doesn't comply with current regs, however, as said above, it's nothing to do with Cadent, if he was that worried, he should have politely asked your permission to turn boiler off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back