Boiler Flue steam and CCTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hope you are keeping warm! I have a cctv near the boiler flue and the steam is affecting the camera. Will something like this be okay?

Also do I just replace the existing with this or do I need a gas cert engineer. Appreciate any help or advice please.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
If you look at the big red box on the page that you linked to it says:

All Gas boilers and accessories must be installed by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.

The deflector needs to be fitted by a GSE. I have no idea if it is suitable for your boiler or will solve your problem.

This will not stop the condense steam affecting the cctv image. You will need to move camera from the area around the flue to prevent images being misted/fogged.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you look at the big red box on the page that you linked to it says:

All Gas boilers and accessories must be installed by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.

The deflector needs to be fitted by a GSE. I have no idea if it is suitable for your boiler or will solve your problem.
Thank you. Of course it will be installed by a gas safe engineer, is the deflector a plume kit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back