Venting under Suspended Timber Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am building an outbuilding and am just about to get going but I had a question around the vents under the floor. I have 2 courses of 140mm 7n blocks to which I will build up upon and there will be 3 main runs of brick as indicated in the drawings. I am just trying to align a product that would fit in a block and its depth. I looked at the telescopic vents from Screwfix (https://www.screwfix.com/p/telescop...oYrpOo6rGmInG3-mdohoCIZQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds), but they don't look like they are deep enough to sit in the depth of a 140mm block.

Was wondering if anyone could recommend an option

Thanks

Attachments

• floorplan.png
    floorplan.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DetailG.png
    DetailG.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
Hi, so its more the depth I was worried about. so if the block is 140mm deep, this doesnt seem deep enough to go through the depth of the block essentially. I need something thats greater than 140mm deep from what I can see. Can you get some kind of extender for these things?

I have just found this kit configuration but its obviously an expensive approach - https://timloc.co.uk/products/1201-telescopic-underfloor-vent-accessories/

Old houses didn't use those covers, they are tidier when used, but it won't matter if it's just a vent built into the brickwork.
Looking at your diagram you don't seem to need the telescopic cover, as you are having the vent straight through.

I suppose you could double up on the covers, but I've never done this, so not sure if it will work.

Sponsored Links
Just get a diamond disc in your angle grinder and cut an hole the correct size in the block. Or if the wall is already built, stitch-drill an hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back