Air vent position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building an extension and doing a timber suspended floor, so need to get air down to the void. I will be using 3 air vents on each side of the building.

Generally i notice on new builds the air vent sits above the damp course, but i was wondering if i can sit the vent just under the DPC. I need to use these telescopic vents and i will come up 5 courses if the external vent has to sit above the DPC. Or 4 courses if below it.

Sponsored Links
The main thing is it's above ground level outside ideally 2 clear courses below it, and inside is venting into clear space underneath the floor insulation. Dpc doesn't matter as the brick is plastic usually.

Sponsored Links
It will be one course above ground level. So it will work out ok as the damp course will be above this air brick line.

I am using the telescopic bricks as i need to come up four courses.

Are these plastic sections ok taking the weight of blocks or bricks above them then ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back