Position of weep vents on cavity dpc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've finally managed to start my build after numerous delays. I've built up several courses off internal block work and now I'm giving the outer skin a go.

I have several air vents dotted around the build and just wanted to know where a weep vent should be positioned on the dpc cavity tray.

I've attached two pics which show the weep vent close to the edge of the cavity dpc and (pic b) the weep vent 4 to 5 cm from the edge of the cavity tray.

The air vent is 215 mm and the dpc cavity tray is 450mm wide.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2019-01-11 16.44.27_resized.jpg
    2019-01-11 16.44.27_resized.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 420
  • 2019-01-11 16.45.05_resized.jpg
    2019-01-11 16.45.05_resized.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 608
Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert but are you expecting the water to be directed to outside or just fall off the sides of the membrane? I would have thought you'd need some stop ends if you want the water to go out rather than down the cavity.

Hi John

Water to be directed outside, I'll have a look into stop ends

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert either but the 2 pics look the same to me.
Also I assume the DPC is not going to be folded over like that but pulled tight underneath the outer brick so you have a sloping surface from the back surface. A bit to late now but if you had made the DPC wider, with a couple of origami folds you could have fabricated stop ends at the sides with the DPC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back