air vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a drive that had been built above the dpc of the house. This, and probably poor ventilation under the house, has caused dampness in two adjacent rooms. A previous owner has tried to rectify the problem by putting three air vents in the wall on the driveway side. The problem is, these air vents open into the wall cavity and not under the house, should these air vents be removed as I am worried that they are letting cold/damp air into the wall cavity? I intend to improve the ventilation in the void under the house by putting in new vents, I have also now resolved the driveway problem.

Sponsored Links
The vents through the wall should have a sleeve/liner in them that seals them through the cavity, if not you need to fit one either the plastic or clay ones will do.

Seriously question whether you need them, if you have resolved the drive breaching the DPC and restored some ventilation under the floor, then you shouldn't need them.

Do you have cavity insulation, double glazed windows, unvented tumble dryer etc? Always look for whats putting the moisture into the rooms, it may be a change of habits could assist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back