Air bricks / floor vents query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an external air vent on a Victorian house which internally is level with the floor. Should I put in some sort of telescopic connector so it actually ventilates under the suspended timber floor? Such as this one or should I do something else?
http://www.screwfix.com/p/telescopic-underfloor-vent/12025

There is also a core vent in the room - as I've had the room injected with a dpc should I just replace the old cover on it or should I block it up.

Lastly, there are no air bricks at the rear of the lounge so air can go straight through the house under the floor - is it relatively easy just to chip out some of the brick work and cement in an air brick? Would I need two or would one be ok either to the left or the right of the door?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Victorian? More like stone age... :eek:

Ill get me coat.

Yes, you need to vent the space beneath the joists so a telescopic vent duct or similar will be ideal.

Ideally the floor should have a cross flow of air so more vets should be added. There is a specific formula for the amount of free flowing air that need admitting into the floor void but i think it works out a vent every couple of metres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back