Boiler for rental property

Sponsored Links
Sounds a terrific deal especially the boiler has a 7 years warranty by its manufacturer. Go for it!

Duotec has been around 8 years now and is proven technology a very good reliable boiler for the price
You will also get much the same deal from your local plumbcentre and the rads are betterquality and easier to deal with if any probs

I wonder why I have this mental problem that most landlords want to do the heating on a minimum spend basis?

It only seems to apply to the heating!

Yesterday I went to a 10 year old boiler in a recently renovated kitchen with two hobs and two sinks.

I always seem to find it difficult to get any sensible prices out of Plumb Centre. A Worcester control they quoted me the full list price of £180 and it was finally bought from a web site for £112 and delivered by a Plumb Centre manager in person on behalf of the supplier. Just why could they not supply it to me over the counter at the same price ?

Landlords probably have good quality boilers like Vaillant in their homes so why don't they give their tenants the same quality products?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I wonder why I have this mental problem that most landlords want to do the heating on a minimum spend basis?

It only seems to apply to the heating!

Yesterday I went to a 10 year old boiler in a recently renovated kitchen with two hobs and two sinks.

I always seem to find it difficult to get any sensible prices out of Plumb Centre. A Worcester control they quoted me the full list price of £180 and it was finally bought from a web site for £112 and delivered by a Plumb Centre manager in person on behalf of the supplier. Just why could they not supply it to me over the counter at the same price ?

Landlords probably have good quality boilers like Vaillant in their homes so why don't they give their tenants the same quality products?

Tony

Tony You would sooner or later discover why, when you start renting houses.
Unless you are already doing so, but may be you have not yet met tenants from hell, I have been renting for nearly 20 years now, and seen at least 3 tenants from hell, but I have had more good tenants, I have just spent 3 grand on a new heating and I hope my next tenant won't be from hell, my previous tenant stuffed the ducts of my WAU with her padded jacket to save on heating bills, but blocking off the warm air to uspstairs rooms, which caused considerable damage and overheating to my WAU . Not only that she could have landed me into great trouble by blocking all permanent vents to prevent drought coming in. If this bitch tenant didn't care for her own life, what about her two young ones! :cry:

Tony

I was asking if there were any decent deals available, no mention of minimum spend!

A plumber I know also said plumb center, can't view any deals online so I'll pop in over the next few days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back