Boiler has cold water dripping down an open pipe valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have a boiler which has a break in a pipe and a plastic opening which is obviusly supposed to be there but cold water is dripping through which I dont think I have noticed before and I can hear it through the wall on the ground floor, there is no leak I think as I can hear it dripping in a pipe, but dont think I have noticed it before. I will attach a picture, maybe it dripped a litlle but it is quite a flow of water now.
Thanks
//www.diynot.com/network/elsmore1/albums/12295/75471

Sponsored Links
It is dripping from an unvented cylinder, not a boiler :)

It's either the PRV failed or expansion vessel need attention or air chamber need reset....

We need to know what make of cylinder.

You will need a G3 plumber to repair unvented cylinder.

Daniel.

It's a tribune he, I turned off the hot water supply valve and it stopped dripping but now our taps do not work. I am concerned the water dripping is being wasted. Is this the case?

Sponsored Links
It's a tribune he, I turned off the hot water supply valve and it stopped dripping but now our taps do not work. I am concerned the water dripping is being wasted. Is this the case?

I'd be more concerned about it dripping , rather than the wasted water

Yes called plumber that fitted it and it is the Tundish that is dripping so turned off water tap to it when not using water and they will take a look Monday but probably valve n eeds replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back