Boiler high pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys

could you help please, i don't understand what went wrong, i had the top room radiator not working for a while, i googled about the problem and i have understood that the air might be the problem, and the boiler was showing slightly under 1Bar pressure which is not normal.

i got the bleeding key for the radiator, i got all the air out, i've understood that if you bleed the radiator the pressure will automatically drop, and from what i have understood the pressure must be 1.5Bar when the heating is off in cold water
using the Valve (1) i adjusted the pressure to 1.5bar, and then turned the heating on, everything seems to work like a charm, pressure OK in the green zone, and the radiator worked again

but after 4 hour from that, i have checked the pressure again just to make sure everything is working ok, i knew that the hot water might cause the pressure to raise, which it did but the pressure went straight to 3.5Bar and it stayed there

i though i put more water than i should put in, i turned the heater off and bleed the first floor radiator about 15L

the pressure when down under 2bar but it raised again, there's like clicks sound in the heater it is like the boiler is off then on and the pressure goes back to around 3.5bar

i though i didn't close the valve (1) nicely so i have checked it and made sure it was tight, but still the boiler pressure goes up

could you please advice for what i have to do next, thank you very much

the boiler ( i can't tell the mark)

osuc85.jpg

valve general

4smhza.jpg

valve close up

j7erue.jpg

pressure bar

1676mio.jpg

bleeding valve

33z712a.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looking at your no1 on the filling loop don't look like it's fully closed.

The flats on the valves should be horizontal. yours are at 10-4.

thank you seco services

indeed i just turned the valve to the horizontal and everything is working fine again

thank you very much!

:p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back