Boiler - Hot water goes luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My hot water has developed a problem. Water is not heating. The hot water is luke warm not actually cold. When the tap is first switched on there is an initial burst of hot water then it goes look after about 6 seconds.
Heating is fine.
The boiler (vokera se) is 6 months old this problem just arose over the last few weeks.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Jim

Sponsored Links
It is possibly because the cold water is colder. In Glasgow it is coming out of the pipe at 5 degree C just now.

I would be looking for someone to check gas pressures.

Jimmy, you need to get your installer back to look at it if its only been in 6 months, if its nothing obvious he shoud call out vokera as it is under warranty

Thanks, I figured the water is colder outside. After a bit of Goggle some suggestions where to lower the input flow pressure via turning the cold water inlet valve. I have identified the aforemention valve from the manual. I guess to turn lower its clockwise like turning a tap off.
Here goes...

no difference . not sure how far to turn though.

Will be phoning Vokera tomorrow. Its under guarentee. I dont have the installers number .. long story ...

Will Vokera send someone free ? or is there a call out fee?
Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
What you on about DP it is still t shirt weather in Glesga. The rain isn`t quite horizontal yet. :LOL:

Rain might not have been horizontal couple of nights ago, but the high winds split a few trees, emptied the wheelie bins onto the street and a few wagons tipped over on the M74.

Still wearing a tee shirt and no long johns.

well long johns look silly when they show below your skirt,oops sorry KILT

Jimmy, as long as the boiler is installed correctly and the fault is just a boier problem there should be no charge but on the whoe vokera are usually quite good!

if the system was not flushed when the boiler was installed then muck in the domestic hot water heat exchanger could be the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back