Boiler - Hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having problems with my Ravenheat CSI 85T boiler for some time... boiler cycling on/off when running DHW.

First fix (about a year ago) - replaced both thermistors.... seemed to do the trick for a while

Then it started all over again.... only worse... and suffered tepid-cold-tepid-cold showers all summer... replaced thermistors again.... no better.....

Second fix (last week) replaced heat exchanger and diverter valve (bathroom radiator was also getting warm when hot water was on) and... great celebrations.... I had my first, full power, HOT shower for months!!

This lasted about a week.... but it's now back up to it's old tricks again... on for 20 seconds.... off for 20 seconds.... :evil:

Any ideas where to look next...? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I have been having problems with my Ravenheat CSI 85T boiler for some time... boiler cycling on/off when running DHW.

First fix (about a year ago) - replaced both thermistors.... seemed to do the trick for a while

Then it started all over again.... only worse... and suffered tepid-cold-tepid-cold showers all summer... replaced thermistors again.... no better.....

Second fix (last week) replaced heat exchanger and diverter valve (bathroom radiator was also getting warm when hot water was on) and... great celebrations.... I had my first, full power, HOT shower for months!!

This lasted about a week.... but it's now back up to it's old tricks again... on for 20 seconds.... off for 20 seconds.... :evil:

Any ideas where to look next...? :confused:

1. Try removing the purple wire off the gas valve and run the hot tap.
2. If the boiler stays on with a low flame put the purple wire back.
3. If the flame then goes out it's probally the callibation of the gas valve that needs re-setting.
servotech,

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.....

Went and had a little play and it turned out to be the CH thermistor... again!!

Think I need to buy me a box load of spares... seems he likes to eat them!!! (fortunately had a few old ones lying about.... usually replace both of them so chances were that one of the old ones would be alive!)

See how long this fix lasts....!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back