Boiler inlet loop valve stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Ferroli Domicondens he 26c.

It had an error 37 this morning, I did some research and found that the pressure was low. I looked up online how to get it up to pressure again, the suggestion was to turn the 2 valves on the right hand side, I mistook this for the 2 blue valves, so I turned these through a quarter and nothing happened. I then noticed the 2 black knobs, turned these and it started to build pressure to 0.75 bar.

The problem is, I can turn the large blue valve and the 2 black valves back to their original position. But the smaller blue valve to the left is stuck at 90 degrees. I want to know how much force I should put into it to return it back to its original position? I'm worried if I try too hard the plastic knob will break, I can take the knob off and use pliers, but it might still be stuck and I might risk breaking the valve.

Is there a reason why it's stuck like this? Does it need replacing? Or shall I just go for it and turn with all my might.
also
The boiler is on, with the valve in that position and I'm at work all day, will I come home to a flood? Excuse my paranoia.

Thanks for any help
Steve

Sponsored Links
The 2 blue valves control "Cold Feed In" and "Central Heating Heating Return". From the manual and your description it looks as if you have turned off the left hand "Cold Feed In".
This means you will have no hot water coming out of your hot taps or shower until you turn it back on.

If it is tight I would suggest a small spanner on the spindle after removing the plastic head.

andytw

Thanks Andy

I used a pair of pliers (didn't have a small enough spanner). It was tight for a bit but loosened off after 20 degrees of rotation. Just needed more leverage than the plastic head was able to provide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back