boiler intermittent not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I previously posted here about intermittent problems with my Glowworm Fuelsaver 50F boiler not firing. I also had a problem with hot water capacity and temperature, but that now seems to be a separate issue.

After several visits from BG over several weeks, I now have: new pump, new HW cylinder thermostat, new motorised valve, and (as of today) new roomstat, plus an order for a new HW cylinder to replace the scaled-up current one (all covered under service agreement).
That's apart from the Powerflush and new TRVs (which I've paid for).

Today the BG engineer also tested the boiler programmer (itself only a few months old) and the boiler itself, and couldn't find a problem. He suggested trying the new roomstat and will look again if that doesn't sort the problem- which it hasn't. The boiler fires sometimes (and when it does, works fine), but sometimes doesn't - although the pump runs. Right now, the new roomstat is set at 20 but reading 18, so it's calling for heat but boiler not firing and pump running. Sometimes switching boiler off and on again makes it fire, but not always.

New cylinder installation booked for a fortnight's time, when the engineer says he'll look again at the boiler problem... but any thoughts/suggestions from you knowledgeable people in the meantime?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back