Intermittent Boiler Issue

Sponsored Links
OP said the pump runs, but unless I missed it he hasn't confirmed power is getting to the boiler when heat called.
he said in his first post that the fan is running so the switched live is getting power at the boiler

Its possibly the gas meter governor sticking, usually shows its self as boiler lock out first thing in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Potterton Profile will continue the ignition sequence with or without a gas supply.
I would be looking @ a controls issue.

It's now not switching on sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening which totally *******s up my theory about the cold getting to the gas valves!

So taking it I've already changed the controller and that its affecting both HW & CH we must be looking at the PCB?

but the fan and pump are both running
How about the ignition system - transformer or electrode or detection electrode? (before I get jumped on - I'm not suggesting the OP investigates it himself, if he doesn't feel inclined).

How about the ignition system - transformer or electrode or detection electrode? (before I get jumped on - I'm not suggesting the OP investigates it himself, if he doesn't feel inclined).
Potterton Profile is the positive pressure type, the OP should not be encouraged to remove the front case for obvious reasons.
The Profile utilises a single ignition/rec probe.

Potterton Profile is the positive pressure type, the OP should not be encouraged to remove the front case for obvious reasons.
The Profile utilises a single ignition/rec probe.
Thanks for the clarification. I commented on the OP not doing the checks himself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back