boiler keeps igniting and cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

My boiler seems to have developed a problem whereby it lights and cuts out over and over (and over) again. It is only on for about 2 seconds before cutting out and going through the cycle again. I noticed it last night and was woken up this morning by the constant clicking.

The rads and hot water heat up. I also noticed a slight "dripping" sound inside the boiler but no signs of a leak.

I've got an ideal classic se15 ff.

I've had a couple of repairs in the last year. A faulty zone valve was replaced in feb....
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1894238#1894238

I also had the fan replaced approx 3 months ago.

I guess I need to get an engineer out but can anyone suggest any troubleshooting I can do. Anything to mitigate a large repair bill I could really do without at the moment!

I appreciate any advice.
Huw

Sponsored Links
This is a gas/combustion problem and so it will need a gas registered engineer to diagnose and repair the problem.

This is not my preferred model of boiler. They have taken an old cast iron and very reliable boiler and added a recouperator to make it into a condensing boiler. They dont seem to be very reliable.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back