Boiler keeps switching CH on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant turbomax Boiler and central heating in the new house was working fine about 2 weeks ago. I took off a rad to decorate and after fitting back and bleeding etc all seemed fine but the CH keeps cutting in and out.
The pressure got quite high so i bled it all again and then thought maybe i have a blockage or an air lock. Checked all the rads and they all get hot. Even used a Flir thermal camera. All look spot on. So far i have swapped the pump for a spare and new pressure vessel as water was coming out of it. Ive had sentinel x800 in for a week and also cleaned the Magnaclean 3 times now.
I cant suss what is making it cut out and back in so often. The temp dial is set to about 60% for the heating. I bled the pump etc also.
When i ramped up the temp on the dial the boiler worked for longer until it got hotter in temp then cut off. Lower the temp and its cuts out sooner and then fires up when the temp drops a little bit.
Im Getting hot rads but it wasnt cutting in and out before.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back