boiler keeps switching off and on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a boiler installed by pratts ltd. Works ok on heating only but on water only, it comes on for two mins and off for two - on for two etc continuously. any ideas? Its a Main HE pumped unit.

Sponsored Links
Just had a boiler installed by pratts ltd. Works ok on heating only but on water only, it comes on for two mins and off for two - on for two etc continuously. any ideas? Its a Main HE pumped unit.

Get the installers back,also post in the plumbing section,they will help you out.

Thermal overload cut-out protection? Are you sure the water is flowing through the hot water circuit, and there are no air locks?

If I were you (Since you got a company to install it) I'd call them back and get them to fix it, it's part of the job.

If you start tinkering with it yourself you might void any warranty they might honour.

Sponsored Links
my guess, Sounds like thermal cut out devise (OH Thermocoupler) ...baxi will have the boiler under warranty for 1st yr min, so it likely the company who fitted it, will contact baxi (baxi/main) to fix...call them out...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back