Boiler keeps turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just fitted a modern tall radiator to my system in place of a standard double. I have refilled the system (f&e) and the boiler (modern baxi system boiler) starts up then turns off by itself after a couple mins of running. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
1. Usual cause of boiler turning off after a minute or two is poor circulation.
2. Have you bled the system, including the coil inside the hot water cylinder?
3. Are you sure any valves you closed have been re-opened.

Air in the boiler or system preventing circulation. Did you latch manually open the motorised valve/s before filling system ? Was F&E tank clean before draining ?

Sponsored Links
Open all valves including the zone valves (manually) set your boiler temp to zero, your pump to max (fixed speed,) and give it a wizx for 10 mins :)

1. Usual cause of boiler turning off after a minute or two is poor circulation.
2. Have you bled the system, including the coil inside the hot water cylinder?
3. Are you sure any valves you closed have been re-opened.

That makes sense, I bled the system from bottom to first floor. All rads. Did not bleed the hot water cylinder in fairness, but I have now just turned the manual air vent until water came out.

Prior to this the boiler seems to be running now. Only thing I did was close up the outlet valves and then open half a turn. Not sure how long it will last though. Tall rad doesn't seem to be getting hot, just the very bottom!!

Usually trapped air/poor circulation as mentioned.
Yeah I think you are right. Tall rad was spitting yellow water at me. Guessing its got some chemical colouring from manufacturing. Getting a steady stream of bleed now.

Open all valves including the zone valves (manually) set your boiler temp to zero, your pump to max (fixed speed,) and give it a wizx for 10 mins :)
That's a great shout. Not sure I need to do that now. Presumably that pushes air out the system?

Air in the boiler or system preventing circulation. Did you latch manually open the motorised valve/s before filling system ? Was F&E tank clean before draining ?

F&e was pretty clean as only drained recently. Didn't manually latch valves no.

Is the tall rad heating fully now ? Some must have the flow and return piped into specific ports, and won't heat if they are not.

It has inlet and outlet on it. I put the trv on the inlet, assuming that's correct? It heats up fully just a bit patchy in places and not as hot as I would like

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back