Boiler link up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one tell me what is best way of linking a solid fuel boiler to an existing central heating system
I have been looking online and found out about the Dunsley Neutralizer and the H2 panel is there other ways to link the boilers ?
What is best the Dunsley neutralizer or the H2 panel?

Thanks Danny

Sponsored Links
What is the existing system? (cylinder with two header tanks?) (combi boiler?)

I have a conventional heating system with two header tanks power by an oil fired boiler.

I have just ordered a new multi fuel stove with a back boiler and want to connect this to the system that is all ready there.

I want the new multi fuel boiler to run the rad's as well as doing the hot water and the oil boiler to kick in when needed.

Sponsored Links
Page 17 in this link shows a good enough layout and is how my interlinked system is installed.
Although I don't have the nrv valves fitted.
http://www.waterfordstanley.com/SiteImages/Site_131/PDF/BrandonOilInstMK3.pdf

So at the very least you need a twin coil cylinder.
This is the cheapest and simplest option imo.
The sludge bucket, neutralizer and H2 options will leave you well out of pocket.

Just a quick comment on the drawing in the Stanley link.

They show a common cold feed to both appliances.

You could fit a full flow valve to isolate each feed or I would prefer they were separate, again with valves as it would be a common header tank.

I would also recommend a larger 20/25 tank in preference to the smaller header tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back