Boiler losing pressure, problem radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We have a (hated) Baxi 105HE boiler. We replaced the expansion vessel a year ago. I noticed yesterday it was losing pressure overnight to 0 making the boiler noisy. I topped it up to 1. This is a new problem as I keep an eye on the pressure gauge after the expansion problems. During operation it's ok. For hot water the pressure temporarily drops by a couple of increments, for radiators, the pressure increases by 0.5 a bar and then returns to a cold state when off.

I have looked about the house and all the radiators are ok....except for the one in the cellar which has a corroded bottom. There is a sign of a recent drip-drip leak. I have turned the radiator to its frost setting. Obviously, we need to replace it asap.

Would this be enough to bring the boiler pressure down over 24 hours? Or, is it also likely a boiler problem?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
isolate the leaking rad completely, once done, I would suspect the pressure will stay good.
turning one end down will not help, the lockshield needs turning off as well.

Thanks

I hoped so and got a friend (plumber) to shut off the cellar radiator. The boiler will be serviced on Monday just to double check but since yesterday there has been minimal pressure loss. I'd far rather face the prospect of replacing a radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back