boiler losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
losing pressure via pvr keep represurising but still loses pressure , any advice appreciated. glow worm 35ci thanks.

Sponsored Links
Or pressure vessel probs causing the prv to trigger, I would check the vessel charge pressure and then do the prv.

no info on checking vessel charge or how to re-charge, vessel at rear of boiler no access

Sponsored Links
at the top of the ev you will see a schrader valve it's like a tyre valve
use a tyre pressure guage it should read approx .8
if it's bolow that just use a normal pump to inflate
the system when cold should be presserised to approx 1.5

just removed pvr and flushed under cold tap abit of black crud come out refitted, pressure now holding. hope thats it thanks for adivce.

at the top of the ev you will see a schrader valve it's like a tyre valve
use a tyre pressure guage it should read approx .8

Only valid if ALL the pressure is OFF the system

I've got one of the pieces off sxxt and have had this problem nearly every year and have found that the hose that feeds the expansion vessel keeps blocking thus sending the prv off I have now fitted a scale reducer and a fernox tf1 total filter and it seems to do the trick just dont top your water pressure too 1 bar keep it at about.06/07 hope you have luck.

I've got one of the pieces off sxxt and have had this problem nearly every year and have found that the hose that feeds the expansion vessel keeps blocking thus sending the prv off I have now fitted a scale reducer and a fernox tf1 total filter and it seems to do the trick just dont top your water pressure too 1 bar keep it at about.06/07 hope you have luck.[/ thanks for advice boiler was fine until 27th now worse than ever, did you mean the short flexi hose at the back righthand as you look, thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back