Boiler making loud noises and then error code F2 - Video added

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My ideal logic boiler has been making this noise in the morning when we have our hot water cycle on. It does this 3-4 times each morning. This morning I managed to film it happening. We're still getting hot water but I'm worried this could become worse or knacker my boiler. I've just had my boiler serviced and it didn't happen when the plumber was here (sods law) but equally I felt the plumber was a bit clueless.

Could anyone have a look at the video and recommend next steps?

Video link

Sponsored Links
F2 is flame loss, but it’s igniting initially. If you’re unsure of the plumber you have used, I would engage with a different one, who is familiar with Ideal boilers, or contact Ideal boilers for a fixed price repair - but will likely be dearer.

thanks.

Any other thoughts from anyone?

As already advised get an ideal fixed price repair, common fault with your boiler , nothing you can repair yourself

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
As already advised get an ideal fixed price repair, common fault with your boiler , nothing you can repair yourself
Thanks Ian, not looking to touch anything myself. But just wanted a steer on what could be the root cause and whether an Ideal warranty might cover this?

Thanks Ian, not looking to touch anything myself. But just wanted a steer on what could be the root cause and whether an Ideal warranty might cover this?
If it is under warranty it is covered just get them out, they might be a bit critical of your service guy though

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thank you all for the advice. Ideal engineer came round and diagnosed it as a dirty injector. He also informed me that many plumbers overlook to clean it during services and it then needs to be replaced. Next time I'll be going direct to Ideal for servicing. They were absolutely fantastic and the guy was in and out in 45 mins and rang ahead to tell me when to expect him.

Thanks for the feedback, great to know you received an excellent service.

Thank you all for the advice. Ideal engineer came round and diagnosed it as a dirty injector. He also informed me that many plumbers overlook to clean it during services and it then needs to be replaced. Next time I'll be going direct to Ideal for servicing. They were absolutely fantastic and the guy was in and out in 45 mins and rang ahead to tell me when to expect him.
Exactly what I thought it was, that is why I said they might be critical about your service guy, he didnt service it he did what we in the trade call a poke and go, sadly a very high percentage of the industry do this now and call it a service

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back