Boiler making noise after drain and refill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I had a plumber fit trv's which meant draining the system. I have a Vaillant turbomax plus combi,which since this work has started making kettling type noises, usually when the green light for the main burner comes on. It doesn't do it all the time and there are no fault codes. The plumber says it's just air, and I have bled radiators a few times, some seem to fizz when I do this with water trickling. I'm just worried it may be more serious but want to avoid calling gas engineer if it's not necessary. Any idea?

Sponsored Links
How long ago was it done? Silly question probably but are you topping up the pressure each time you bleed it?

Are trv’s fitted to all radiators, or do you have one without?

Sponsored Links
There is trv where thermostat is but its on full as its a cold room. I have a tado thermostat

The trv is fully open. Yes tado is thermostat

Which probably means your boiler will run near constantly, trying and failing to heat that very cold room - until switched off or it goes off on the clock.

The room stat is usually located in room which has a representative temperature, with no TRV on that rooms radiator. Sometimes the 'room' chosen is the hall, sometimes the living room. My thermostat is in the hall and my hall rad has no TRV.

The boiler noises suggest there is not enough water flowing through the boiler to remove the heat it is generating.

Try refilling it from the bottom eg with a hose into a drain off cock that sometimes works well. Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back