Boiler making strange noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I am in a new build, boiler isn't even a year old yet.
I have contacted housing people/builders over three times now about the strange noises the boiler is making and no one has bothered getting back to me. It is down on my snagging list, has made no difference.

Getting quite worried that this could be doing damage and don't want to be held liable.

I have checked the water pressure gauge on numerous occasions and it is in the green at about 1 and a half.

It is a combi boiler. Model is:
Potterton Promax Ultra 33 ERP

Tends to make this noise after it has already warmed up, so not happening on first fireup of the day.

Getting p*ssed off with constantly chasing people and getting nothing back so would be grateful for someone to let me know what this is and if it could be causing damage.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Call the manufacturers out under warranty - the phone number will be in your boiler's literature

Ok thanks guys, I will get on the case and see if they can come and take a look.

Sponsored Links
An update for you all. The manufacturer came out. He said the boiler had not been set up quite right. The temperature on the boiler was set in high 80s. He said this was a little too high for the system.

There was also lots of air in the pipes which he cleared. It has been perfect ever since so no complaints.

Thanks for your help on this everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back