boiler mate 2000 problems quote for works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi was hoping for a engineer to advise or quote for the following problem may be thermister or plate to plate would be very grateful of any input but hopefuly a engineer to carry out works getting hot water 20 sec then cold then warm then cold has anyone got any knowlage on the above in the stockton heath area warrington boiler ideal classic ff360.
bm 185/5/emc
thanks

Sponsored Links
Won't be the boiler so long as it is heating the store correctly. Make sure the Classic thermostat is set to Max.
More likely to be the hot water thermistor. Fairly easy to change and not expensive to buy. I would try that 1st. Quite common for these to fail.
Its maybe causing the dhw pump to cut in and out, hence the symptoms you describe.

thanks for the reply.
are they a wet sensor or dry, if wet not sure what and where to drain down and re fill what to isolate and so on .have spoken to various gas safe engineers and they have never seen this system are they not so common.
thanks mark

Wet sensors I'm afraid. Turn off the mains cold feed(if fitted on boilermate) to change the dhw sensor. To change any other sensors the feed tank needs to be drained or isolated and a system drain point used before removing these. If not confident then call a pro. BG have many engineers confident on these appliances as do many privateers.

Sponsored Links
hi just an update might help someone in the future just had engineer out to boiler mate 2000 problem has advised of pump problem /replacement due to not working at full speed cant circulate the water quick enough so causing the hot then cold then hot problem thanks mark

hi just an update might help someone in the future just had engineer out to boiler mate 2000 problem has advised of pump problem /replacement due to not working at full speed cant circulate the water quick enough so causing the hot then cold then hot problem thanks mark

if you're talking about the H/w pump then that is supposed to modulate, ie it doesn't always run at full speed! have you had the pump replaced yet? as I would still tend to agree with 45yearsgasmans' diagnosis and replace the sensor first. you can also check to sensor readings on the boilermate by operating the dipswitches

Of course ignore me if it is now fixed and it was the pump after all

Matt

thanks for the reply .not had it fixed yet still waiting on a quote .will chase the engineer up and ask him about the pump he was wanting to change all the sensors as well

Your problem is most likely the thewrmistor 90% certain, as has been said the H/W pump modulates so if the resistance of the thermistor is out so too will the pump speed ( it's called treating the symptoms instead of the cause!) ;)

thanks for the reply .not had it fixed yet still waiting on a quote .will chase the engineer up and ask him about the pump he was wanting to change all the sensors as well
well if thats the case definately change the sensors only as, as stated the HW pump is supposed to modulate
the sensors on these dont always give an error indication (open/closed circuit) they often just deteriate and give wrong readings, the last one I worked on was reading the store temp at around 65 when it was stone cold
as stated earlier you can operate the buttons (not dipswitches as i said earlier) to the left of the display and check the three sensors, repeatably press sw2 and the display will toggle between
store temp - PHE temp - DHW temp

Matt

thanks very much for the feed back just spoke to the engineer explained to him what had been posted and he said another gas engineer had informed him of the modulating pump but he couldnt get his head round how a three speed pump could be controled by the board he s now going to get a price on suply and fit a new hot water sensor for me.thanks mark

Its BullSiht about it being a modulating pump. Look in the spec! All pumps are standard grundfos 15/50 for DHW pumps and only the larger BM 210 and BM 225 models have a 15/60 for heating and boiler..

The pumps do go wrong occasionally but if the voltage to it alters then its an ACB fault.

Other more common causes of intermittent hot water are the sensors T2 and less frequently T3.
Check that the feed tank is topped up :idea:

Check out page 35 here for the test procedure. and when you get to the display for the relevant sensor just wiggle the wire a little where it connects to the sensor to see if the fault code [HEr] or [oEr] comes up.

Its BullSiht about it being a modulating pump. Look in the spec! All pumps are standard grundfos 15/50 for DHW pumps and only the larger BM 210 and BM 225 models have a 15/60 for heating and boiler..
sorry mate you're wrong, yes it's a standard pump fitted with a standard PSC motor, what makes you think that it can't be externally speed controled? (modulated)
I think you should read carefully the second to last paragragh on page four of your own link

The pumps do go wrong occasionally but if the voltage to it alters then its an ACB fault.

and you will be yet another that mis-diagnoses' a PCB fault then
Other more common causes of intermittent hot water are the sensors T2 and less frequently T3.
Check that the feed tank is topped up :idea:

Agreed, That's what we've been saying and yes you are correct about the cystern too but I've yet to come across one that actually hasn't been plumbed in, but a valid point all the same

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back