Boiler noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new pcb and fan on our Vaillant 837e turbomax boiler (non condencing) and now have a clunk from boiler when turning the hot water on, when the boiler is in heating mode. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think I recall a comment that later PCBs had a different way of moving the diverter valve to reduce noise like this!

One of the Bunnies will probably spill the beans later!

Boiler is 5 years old and just put 2nd new pcb in 2 days and it still bangs! any thoughts? was all ok before new pcb and fan. :(

Boiler is 5 years old and just put 2nd new pcb in 2 days and it still bangs! any thoughts? was all ok before new pcb and fan. :(

Who is paying for all these new parts?

By the way, since 2005 all boilers installed should have been condensing.

Either this was illegally fitted or is more than five years old!

I think I recall a comment that later PCBs had a different way of moving the diverter valve to reduce noise like this!

One of the Bunnies will probably spill the beans later!

Current part no. for the revised PCB is 0020034604. The diverter valve is moved in gradual steps rather than one motion. Also known as the 'galloping horse' board, as thats the noise the DV makes as it changes :LOL:

Long horizontal runs on the heating circuit (i.e. bungalows) seem to make this problem worse. You can check if its the correct PCB by looking on the top lhs of the board and it will have three adjustment potentiometers that are not on earlier pcbs. These are for the 'pro' range of boilers, and this one PCB now does all variants.

Range ceased production in 2005 with advent of ecoTECs, merchants had them available for a while... :rolleyes: but were only allowed to be fitted under dispensation of building regs part L.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back