Boiler noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Glow-worm Compact 80E that has started to make some strange noises. When you turn on the CH or DHW I hear a noise from inside the boiler that sounds like an hydraulic lift or maybe a electric drill or saw. Once the CH or DHW is turned off, the noise can still be heard for a few minutes. Sometimes the system does work as normal (without the strange noises). I know its not the best description but any ideas what the problem could be ? Heating / DHW working fine but I don't want to wait until the system breaks down before getting some advice.

Thanks
John.

Sponsored Links
HI

1.pump partially blocked
2.boiler stat faulty which can cause boiler to overheat and pipes to rattle or bang

thanks, to unblock the pump, would it be worth draining / cleaning the system or just try to bleed it - thanks again

also, the noise is comming from inside the boiler, not any of the pipes. I can hear it now, sounds like a loud dentists drill

Sponsored Links
HI

you can buy sludge remover /central heating cleaner for heating systems
which should eliminate few problems .scale buildup,etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back