Boiler not coming on

Also when you switch the programmer to CH or HW demand, does the boiler make any noise? Signs of the fan running or a clicking noise? If nothing then problem lies, as Ben says, with the pump or MV/s.

Sponsored Links
Have I missed the post stating the system is fully pumped. Lots of Profiles on Gravity Hot Water / 'C' Plans. What is ticking in the airing cupboard - piccie please?

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
btw, I know what the motorised valve is now (plastic box with switch on top and side on pipe junction coming from hot water cylinder)and pump(metal box with disc with groove in centre of it). Thanks for all this help guys, i've been having a right ear chewing off the wife and if I can get this sorted I may finally have some peace.

Taking rad off in bathroom wouldn't effect it unless you didn't refill the system (if we knew what system you have?)

Why do you have a stat in the airing cupboard - or am I missing something?

Nice touch with the hook on the wiring box by the way! :LOL:

Yeah, the hooks completely useless as well, no room to hang anything, previous owner put those.flaming hooks everywhere. How can I tell what system I have, as far as I know we have a gravity fed system

can anyone help me with this? If i can get some advice as to what step to take next that would be great!!!!

Not being funny, but it looks like your whole system is a complete mess, and you know nothing about the subject. Chances are extremely slim that you will be able to make it right yourself.

The thermostat on the wall is a remote cylinder thermostat, and if it is ticking, that is almost certainly faulty. I've got an old one kicking about somewhere.

I think you will need a professional to help you here.

Removing and replacing that rad could be the cause of the problem, especially if it is a sealed heating system. If it is, there will not be a small cold feed and expansion tank in the loft. It is always a mistake to remove rads unnecessarily.

I have got two tanks in the loft, one small the other large. The small one does have a cold water feed controlled by a float valve

Sounds like you may need to call a heating engineer, I doubt a pluber would suffice. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back