Boiler not responding to the receiver.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having a few problems with my boiler. I have an Ecomax boiler and a Sunvic RF wireless thermostat and receiver. The boiler is not responding to the request for heat from the thermostat, although the receiver is receiving a request from the thermostat as it lights up to indicate so. So i guess the breakdown is between the receiver and the boiler. I am finding it difficult to track down what the problem might be. If anyone can provide any light on the situation it will be very much appreciated as i am getting slightly annoyed at being cold every night!

Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Electrically isolate the boiler remove the two room stat wires and link them, then try it then if it works it is definately the room stat and if it doesn't work it's the boiler.

Or to put it another way, turn off boiler, remove pcb cover and link out terminals 3 & 4. If the boiler shows the rad symbol and fires up it is deffo the receiver or wiring from it.

Sponsored Links
at the risk of sounding completely dumb, what do you mean by link out? i am really sorry but i have not got the first clue with this sort of thing.

The previous owner didn't leave any manuals for any of the parts, so i don't know the exact models. The boiler is an eco max pro, and all the thermostat says is that its a sunvic rf. The room stat is wireless. does this make any difference?

sorry to be so vague. i really appreciate your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back