sunvic rf tlx 1206 receiver problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

Firstly i'm assuming that this is a receiver problem!

We've been running a sunvic rf tlx 1206/tlx 7506 thermostat with our Worcester 30 cdi combi boiler without a problem for last 12 months.

Yesterday i tried to call for the CH after a 2-3 month period of not activating CH and nothing...hmm

HW/thermo/boiler are all fine.

I've changed the batteries in the thermo / checked the wiring in the receiver /checked wiring/fuse in power switch / checked wiring from receiver to boiler/ checked mains fuses and wiring/reset boiler/ and all are fine and tight.

After changing batteries in the thermo, i thought i might need to re-commission the thermo to the receiver again [as stated in the sunvic instructions] but noticed the no green or red lights on the receiver.

The receiver is supposed to flash green when you request CH and flash red when it switches off CH. When you press the TEST button on the receiver its supposed to activate itself but NOTHING! Its as if there's no power to the receiver.

Is there anything else i could check or can you advise what the problem could be??????

thanks simpson

Sponsored Links
if i remember this is the basic stat with set + - on the stat.
i had one like this last yr and i tried recommissioning it to the receiver and it wouldn't have it
changed just the receiver with one i had recomm- and was all ok.

so maybe the receiver has given in.

but surely these things have a better lifespan than 1 year?

can you let me know which one you recommend changing it to?

I did want to install a drayton unit but on the recommendation of my plumber [who is good, but needs convincing to do things away from what he knows] said the unit was ok.

obviously sunvic isn't the way to go????

Hi, did changing the sunvic thermostat work for you as well, I have had problems with this machine since our first winter with it 2 years ago, It sends a signal saying we dont need heat even though the flame is on the Stat.

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

I've changed the receiver unit and all is working fine now. The thermostat units wasn't the problem here, i believe its the receiver units are the issue.

Hope this helps!

Got the exact same problem with my Sunvic. The test button does not bring on the central heating either. Took the unit off and jumpered the switch connections. This then brought the heating on but this bypasses the thermosstat transmitter. Need to replace this can anyone recommend a different make ?

Hi all,

Just if it helps anyone else; i had to change the whole receiver unit and all is good... have CH and HW again.

I think for the price of the Wireless unit it should be lasting longer than it does... so if anyone is thinking of purchasing this unit... maybe think again?

Need to replace this. Can anyone recommend a different make ?
Honeywell CM921 or CM927.
Just repaired a Sunvic TLX 7506, the problem always seems to be the 24v relay which can easily be de-soldered and replaced with a (better) equivalent from RS components (£1.70 +vat) If you really want to replace the unit however, I would recommend a Solus RT300 RF which only costs £42.00 inc. VAT which Knocks spots off the Sunvic, has a back light, is far simpler to use and is guaranteed two years! Say no more. Regards.

Hey sorry to dig up such an old thread but I think the same thing has happened to my system. I replaced the batteries in my SUNVIC RF transmitter and noticed afterwards the central heating never comes on. Of course weather cold enough to initiate the thermostat has only just started so I think the two events are just coincidental.

Anyhow, after reconnecting the RF transmitter / receiver, I was unable to get the heating to start. Even pressing test didn't turn the green LED on, even though the red LED wasn't on (which means there is a fault). So after wiki-ing what it is a relay does ( :p ) I think it's likely my relay is to blame?

Anyhow I've taken the thing apart and I'm looking at the relay in it as we speak, my question is what do I replace it with?

I'm fairly capable at soldering it's just all I've ever done in the past is wires. Never dabbled with PCB components. I have a maplin down the road from me so getting the relay from there would be ideal, even if I have to pay a premium.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=24v relay&source=15

All I'm asking is if you can point me in the right direction as to what relay I need? Thanks very much!!

Matt

PS: My receiver is indeed the TLX 1206 as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back