Boiler Not Responding to Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester bosch greenstar 28i linked to a Salus RT500rf Thermostat the Thermostat is new and send a signal to the receiver and it clicks on but the boiler doesn't respond can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Has it been working at all since the new thermostat was added and how is the receiver wired. (Did it go in where the old thermostat was wired)

The boiler works if you turn it on manually, sorry I got an electrician
to wire the receiver to the mains and the boiler!

With the boiler central heating left turned on manually, the new thermostat should now have control of timing and setting of the room temperature.

Is the new Salus unit not having any effect in switching the heating on and off?

Sponsored Links
Is the new Salus unit not having any effect in switching the heating on and off?

Yes that's right, with the heating turned on manually, I turn the thermostat down, I can here the Salus unit click and the light turns from green to red but the bolier doesn't knock off!

It's possible the salus is faulty but if it has never worked properly since fitted it may simply be wired into the boiler wrongly.

Did the electrician demonstrate that it was working before leaving?

I would ask him to have another look at it if possible.

If he's in any doubt I'm sure someone here will gladly help him sort out the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back