Boiler only works when it feels like it.

Turn power off and drop front panel of boiler to get into PCB check that all the plugs are pushed onto the board properly.

280 quid :eek: most classic fans are around 100 quid to buy

Sponsored Links
Him saying you need a new boiler sounds a load of hogwash to me and at £280 for a fan change to me it sounds like a rip off.

absolutley 100% spot on, Thank you very much.
I've just had another plumber out who was recomended by a family member and he has just fixed it for £30. There was a loose connection on the pressure switch (coincidence or on purpose??) Anyway he said there is no way the boiler needs replacing as it is a good one, and he said £280 for the fan change was too much, he would have charged about £150 -£200 Max.

Would you recomend reporting the original plumber and if so who to, Corgi?

Just wanted to say thank you to all who posted help and replys, its a great site and you are really helping people realise who the rouges are out there, and stopping people getting ripped off, Thanks

Unfortunately CORGI want nothing to do with what anyone charge.

At a very big push they might investigate a safety issue, but all they really want to do is make money and be seen to 'apparently' be concerned about gas safety :rolleyes:

Roll on next April 1st when we shall be rid of them:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back