Boiler Outer Casing Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house I am looking to let and have tried for a Gas Safety cert. The boiler is housed in a cupboard in the kitchen and has had its outer case removed to make it fit.

I am now told in order to obtain the cert I need to replace the case( or alter the size of the cupboard). I have no idea what the previous owner did with the original outer case, it is possible to pick up such a part? I've had a dig around the web but no luck so far.

Sponsored Links
oh yes....too add.....its an old Thorn EMI Apollo.

If you can get one from Myson/Baxi who own Thorn ,or whoever ever it is that owns them these days, then you will pay a fortune.

I kid you not the price will be about the same as a new boiler.

Years ago I enquired about the price of a new flue assembly for a 20 yr old boiler and was quoted about £350.

Your best bet would be to go round any scrap merchants in your area that deals in steel and iron however most of that stuff is in China thesedays :evil:

Best of luck.

Sponsored Links
oh yes....too add.....its an old Thorn EMI Apollo.

i very much doubt they will make that case anymore.

im mildly surprised you were refused a cert, if there are any defects on the boiler they are just noted on the cert and it becomes your liability after that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back