Boiler overheating + cutting out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gloworm Space Saver Mk II thats about 15+ years old. Over the last few weeks its started playing up. Occasionally when the heating (or water + heating) are on the boiler cuts out - and the pilot light is extinguished, requiring the boiler to be restarted. Most of the time the boiler seems to work ok, but I have noticed the the water in the system always seems very hot even with the boiler thermostat turned down low. On the occasions that the boiler has shut down the outside of it has got very hot to the touch, and the boiler seems to be "firing" for a very long time without cutting out. I wondered if it was overheating?

I have had a plumber to look at it, but when he came the damn thing decided to behave and was working fine.

Any insight appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
could well be overheating, get a boiler repair man to have a look.

could well be overheating, get a boiler repair man to have a look.

bicycle-repairman.jpg

oops i thought you said bicycle repair man :oops:

Sponsored Links
Good idea to call in the Heating man. I suspect this boiler does not have an overheat cutout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back