Boiler Pipework Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of years ago we had a WB Greenstar 28i Junior fitted.

I've noticed a couple of things I thought I would mention / ask about.

The guy who installed it piped the condensate straight outside into the gully, didn't increase the plastic pipe size to 32mm and didn't fit a condense sure siphon or lag the pipe.

The filling loop was also left attached.

Should I, (as a temp solution for condensate): -

Just lag the pipework?
Will the fact it's only 22mm cause a problem?

I will be getting a gas safe plumber round to run the condensate correctly to my sink waste, since it's only 1/2 meter away, at some point in the future.

With regards to the filling loop, should I disconnect it?

One other question: -

I have a 15mm magnetic scale inhibitor fitted inline on the DCW to the boiler, does this require any maintenance?

Sponsored Links
J
I will be getting a gas safe plumber round to run the condensate correctly to my sink waste, since it's only 1/2 meter away, at some point in the future.

With regards to the filling loop, should I disconnect it?

One other question: -

I have a 15mm magnetic scale inhibitor fitted inline on the DCW to the boiler, does this require any maintenance?
You don't need a Gas Safe plumber for the condensate - yes disconnect filling loop - no maintenance needed on scale inhibitor

no maintenance required because they don't do anything anyway.

and i would get a plumber to alter the condense imho.

no maintenance required because they don't do anything anyway.

and i would get a plumber to alter the condense imho.

Thanks for the advice guys.

You recon that scale inhibitors don't do anything? Why?

So if it's not doing anything, should I remove it next time I do any work on the DCW?

Sponsored Links
Just checked the filling loop again, this is the arrangement: -

Service valve T's off the DCW, filling loop connected to a double check valve, then connected to the CH system.

Is the presence of the double check valve considered an air break and therefore acceptable to leave the filling loop connected, since it will be prevented from backflow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back