boiler pressure down to 0 when not on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler pressure goes down to 0 overnight , it stays on all day at about 2.5 , however in the morning after not being on it does not re pressurise , I have bought a bicycle pump to try and re pressurise system , however the pin in the middle of the valve wont go in , apart from wd40 , any suggestion? ps boiler holds pressure after being topped up via fillg loop.

Sponsored Links
If you started pumping today with a bike pump you would still be there next week trying to get up to pressure required.
Is you PRV pipe leaking?

You are re-charging the vessel with an open end arent you?

renew the shraeder valve on the exp vess-pin in air vent bit(try halfords or bicycle shop for shraeder remover)

check and see if the prv is constantly dripping-copper pipe sticking out wall

report back

Sponsored Links
managed to open valve , pressurised with heavy duty foot pump (thank you nogoodatfaultfinding for your advice) and hey presto , its works great and is almost silent , well see in the morning if its managed to keep pressure , thanks all.

crap , got up this morning , hot water , however no heating , pressure is back down to zero , is it possible leak in pressurised system or do i need to keep topping it up with air , weird thing is if I press tyre type valve it is still presurrised. Last night I pumped air up to 1.5 and opened loop so it went to 2.5 , was I wrong to do this? didnt want to keep pumping air as was getting difficult and didnt want to over inflate.

You must pressurise with an open system.

Read the FAQ on this site and do what it says !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back