Boiler goes to 0 pressure and still works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Vokera Vision 30c boiler (5 years old). The boiler was showing error code A04. A vokera engineer came and changed a faulty pressure gauge, but didn't find any other faults.

Since then, the boiler goes off to 0 pressure when switched off for long (example, overnight). However, even if I don't top it off, it still comes on when heating is switched on and heats the radiators. even when the pressure dial shows 0. The Vokera engineer asked me to find leaking radiators. I found one and got it fixed. However, the boiler still goes off to 0 pressure when switched off for long. Once or twice, I have tried re-pressurizing using the filling loop up to 1 bar. It stays at 1 bar if the heatings is frequently on, but goes off to 0 as soon as it is off for long. The heating still works when the pressure dial shows 0.

The copper pipe outside shows no water droplets but the plastic pipe throws out a steady trickle of water.

I am not sure what the problem is as the heating working even when the pressure dial shows 0. I am also scared of re-pressurizing often as I am not sure if the boiler pressure is actually correct (and hence it works even at 0) and me re-pressurizing might lead to problems.

Sponsored Links
We have a Vokera Vision 30c boiler (5 years old). The boiler was showing error code A04. A vokera engineer came and changed a faulty pressure gauge, but didn't find any other faults.

Since then, the boiler goes off to 0 pressure when switched off for long (example, overnight). However, even if I don't top it off, it still comes on when heating is switched on and heats the radiators. even when the pressure dial shows 0. The Vokera engineer asked me to find leaking radiators. I found one and got it fixed. However, the boiler still goes off to 0 pressure when switched off for long. Once or twice, I have tried re-pressurizing using the filling loop up to 1 bar. It stays at 1 bar if the heatings is frequently on, but goes off to 0 as soon as it is off for long. The heating still works when the pressure dial shows 0.

The copper pipe outside shows no water droplets but the plastic pipe throws out a steady trickle of water.
What plastic pipe would this be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back