Pressure jumping from 0-4 bars Worcester Junior 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new on the forum. Have Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i combi boiler. Living in house 3 years now and there was no rcently any work done in the house .Since 1 month I noticed the pressure goes down to 0 bar. First thing wast water leak somewhere and checked all radiators in house, all visible pipes or leaking marks on the ceiling - all seems ok. Next steep i did was bleeding heating system but this not helps.

When I put heating on pressure rise up all the way up until 4 bars. When I switch off the heating pressure go down all the way to 0 bar. When manually pressurise system to 1.5 bars is same situation when heating off pressure go down to 0 when heating on goes all the way until 4 bar and switch off.

Is anything I can do myself to further investigate is simply problem or need call a engineer??

Many thanks
MArcin

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel was my suspect. Is that something I can do myself or need engineer? What cost I will be looking to replace that?

Get the boiler serviced. The expansion vessel will probably just need re-pressurising and this should be checked and done as part of the service as well as several other important checks on these boilers. Service cost will vary but engineer should be able to give a price up front for the service with any remedial work being extra.

Sponsored Links
Service cost will vary but engineer should be able to give a price up front for the service with any remedial work being extra.
really ???? might be able to give a price in worst case but won't be the same as a regular service price in that case

Don't you check and re-pressurise an ev as part of a regular service? I did say any remedial work would be extra.

Ah, you mean once the ev has been proven to be faulty. That would obviously be an extra chargeable repair for which the op could be given an accurate quote.

Service loads of these and whilst I agree they are poorly designed schitboxes, ev and/or prv have only needed replacing in a small fraction of cases.

I booked service for Tuesday and wait what will they say. I located EV but can you explain me how to recharge/ repressure it properly? Need be done on cold/ no pressure in the system, what pressure need to be pressurise (pressure read on the than boiler or on the velve?), and do I need bleeding radiators thereafter

Thank you for all your answers so far.

I booked service for Tuesday and wait what will they say. I located EV but can you explain me how to recharge/ repressure it properly? Need be done on cold/ no pressure in the system, what pressure need to be pressurise (pressure read on the than boiler or on the velve?), and do I need bleeding radiators thereafter

Thank you for all your answers so far.

See the FAQ'S

It's look like everything working fine now. BIG THANK YOU to you all for help.

I replaced all water in the system and need put inhibitor now. Which inhibitor you recommend and what amount I need to put in the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back