Boiler pressure too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 28CDi boiler, which the pressure occasionally drops on. Turning it back up is usually no problem but today the knob broke & instead of stopping at 1.5 (the recommended pressure), it kept going until 3. I really would like to fix this asap as I don't want the heating to stop working!

Any tips on how I can reduce the pressure back to 1.5? I have tried bleeding the radiators but it hasn't made any difference.

Sponsored Links
Make sure the filling device is turned off by whatever means you can. then bleed a rad catching the water for at least 5 minutes, maybe longer, just keep going until the pressure drops to 1 bar.

Make sure the filling loop is completely turned off, and perservere with the radiator bleeding. After releasing a litre or so of water you'll get there.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back