Boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester combi boiler, which has a very fluctuating pressure. When its not on the pressure is about 0.8bar and when its on its about 1.5bar.

1) is this usual?
2) what range of pressure should i expect?
3) should the basic pressure be set when its on or off?
4) if it shouldnt be fluctuating so much, what can i do? im pretty sure theres no leaks in the system so is there something in the boiler causing it?

Thanks guys!!!

Pete

Sponsored Links
I have a worcester combi boiler, which has a very fluctuating pressure. When its not on the pressure is about 0.8bar and when its on its about 1.5bar.

1) is this usual?
2) what range of pressure should i expect?
3) should the basic pressure be set when its on or off?
4) if it shouldnt be fluctuating so much, what can i do? im pretty sure theres no leaks in the system so is there something in the boiler causing it?

Thanks guys!!!

Pete

It`s too low to start with. Cold should be at 1bar, Hot, between 1.5 & 2 it needs topping up to 1bar via the filling loop.

Water expands when it's hot which is why the pressure is greater when the boiler is on.

Personally I pressure up the system to about 1 and a quarter bar (always do this when the system is cold to get an accurate reading) the pressure will then obviously increase temporarily when the boiler is on and then decrease as the water cools when not in use.

"Trundles Tricks";p="810506"] Water expands when it's hot

And on that Bombshell. :eek: :eek:

Also when there is no daylight left, it`s usually dark, or as we Techno heads call it `Night `.

Sponsored Links
ok then, but should it vary by 0.7 - 0.8 bar between the two?

Bit on the high side that variation, but nothing to worry about. You can pump up the e/v a bit, or leave it til the service and mention it to the plumber. As long as the boiler does not get below 0.5, it should be fine.

Bit on the high side that variation, but nothing to worry about. You can pump up the e/v a bit, or leave it til the service and mention it to the plumber. As long as the boiler does not get below 0.5, it should be fine.

what happens if it gets below 0.5?! i might of already!!

Set it to about 1.2 bar cold, I would expect it to rise up to around 2 bar, depending on the size of your ch system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back