Glow worm flexicom 35cx leaking PRV

If the expansion vessel is likely to be the culprit, i’m guessing the first thing would be to pump to 0.5bar (max for 35 cx) and see if it holds the pressure.

If say the pressure is 0.1 for example, would this cause the issues i’m having?
read the FAQs on re-pressurising the EV , what you are propossing wont work

Sponsored Links
read the FAQs on re-pressurising the EV , what you are propossing wont work
Do you have a link? I know the boiler needs to be drained first so there’s no pressure, then you can pump the EV if needed, if that’s what you mean?

Ian I'm sure on my flexicom 30cx you would need to take front cover off to access a shrader valve on expansion vessel. Doesn't that mean you are not allowed to repressurize EV unless your a gas safe engineer.

Do you have a link? I know the boiler needs to be drained first so there’s no pressure, then you can pump the EV if needed, if that’s what you mean?
no the boiler pressure has to be released, and the drain point left open, then pump the EV to 0.5 Bar with the drain left open, you will get a fair bit of water out, then when the water stops you start charging the air side, you then close the drain point, you cant just inflate the EV without doing this, and yes the scraeder valve is withing the combustion chamber

Sponsored Links
I bled a radiator today to get the pressure down to 0.8bar. I’ve had the heating on and turned it off and boiler is reading 2.3 bar.

No leaks from PRV, so just like it was.

If the EV was at fault wouldn’t the pressure still rise dramatically for the PRV to operate?

Is going from 0.8bar cold to 2.3 hot a sign of failing EV or inadequate charge? Or is that within parameters? If it’s fine why does the PRV leak outside when the boiler is above 1.2bar?

Recommended pressure for the boiler is 1-1.5 however I can only see this online and not in the manual

This boiler has two CH drain off valves on the f+r rather than just one, when draining the boiler I assume you need to open both drain off valves?

when draining the boiler I assume you need to open both drain off valves?

Just one, it is only to relieve pressure, not drain the boiler. But, the vessel is inside the combustion chamber, as mentioned above, and should only be done by a Gas Safe Registered person.

Just one, it is only to relieve pressure, not drain the boiler. But, the vessel is inside the combustion chamber, as mentioned above, and should only be done by a Gas Safe Registered person.
Excellent thanks, oh yes I will be getting someone in to do a service.

I just have too much time on my hands and looking into things for my own sanity really.

The information gathered here regarding the PRV and pressure raising will be mentioned to whoever services my boiler.

Atm all good when at 0.8bar so not urgent yet :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back