Self destructing boiler PRV?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I noticed that my Boiler was frequently losing pressure and found a drip from the PRV vent pipe. I bought a new PRV for £30 and installed it I tested it by opening it and now it to is dripping and the boiler is losing pressure. I've since read that these valves seem to leak after being opened once, is this true can I do anything about it or do I need another new one?

Regards,

Jon

Sponsored Links
Of course you system may be full of crud which is stopping the seat from sealing once it has been lifted! ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for the help.

I can't find the FAQ anywhere I have found the boiler manual online (Ariston System A) but the recharge info isn't in there, any ideas?

The boiler is working but needs frequent refilling to keep the pressure up.

Regards,

Jon

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37170

Take the prv out, clean it properly, and whilst the vlve is out and boiler drained, check the exp vessel's pressure with tyre guage.

And don't play with the prv when everything is back together. They have metal to metal seat, and opening prv can cause crud to get trapped in the seat, and cause it to pass.

Carried out the recharge and cleaned out PRV, all working now with a dry vent pipe!

Thanks a million!

Jon

And don't play with the prv when everything is back together. They have a metal to metal seat, and opening prv can cause crud to get trapped in the seat, and cause it to pass.

Is that a special Ariston cheapo?

All the ones I see have a rubber insert!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back