Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a relative novice regarding plumbing and boilers, I've had a quick look in the FAQ's but couldn't see anything that answered my question.

We have recently had a new bathroom installed, as part of this the boiler system has been drained down a couple of times whilst the rads have been removed and fitted etc.

Prior to this our boiler pressure would sit at 1.5 bar when cold and rise to around 2/2.1 when hot.

Our plumber has re-pressurised the system now that the bathroom is complete however the pressure now sits at 1.8 bar when cold and rises to around 2.4 bar when hot. We have a Vaillant Ecotec Boiler with no previous issues. The manual states that normal working pressure for the system is between 1.0 - 3.0 bar.

Would this slight rise in pressure be a concern or lead to further issues moving forward?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not really an issue ,but when the central heating has cooled lower the pressure to just above 1 bar ,by bleeding from radiators.

Not really an issue ,but when the central heating has cooled lower the pressure to just above 1 bar ,by bleeding from radiators.

Thanks Terry, I was going to ask if bleeding the rads would help reduce pressure slightly. I'll do that.

Is there any reason why this would happen? I assume he may have just topped the system up slightly too much?

Thanks Terry, I was going to ask if bleeding the rads would help reduce pressure slightly. I'll do that.

Is there any reason why this would happen? I assume he may have just topped the system up slightly too much?
Reason what happened ? That the pressure increases ? That's normal when water heats, it expands and pressure increases in the sealed system.
Probably just over pressured slightly ,a bit lazy not to release it a tad.

Sponsored Links
Reason what happened ? That the pressure increases ? That's normal when water heats, it expands and pressure increases in the sealed system.
Probably just over pressured slightly ,a bit lazy not to release it a tad.

Sorry, I meant the reason for the pressure now being slightly higher at 1.8 bar when cold. As you mention, probably just over pressured when refilling.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back