Boiler problem - no HW/CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Bosch 24i junior:

I was having a shower, and suddenly the hot water went cold.
On inspection, the pressure was low (below 1).
I re-pressurized the system and still no joy.

There are no warning lights flashing.
I have reset the boiler, and even tried turning it off for a while at the mains.

When opening the hot water tap the burner fires up, (and the green ignition light turns on) and the water momentarily gets a tiny bit warmer, then suddenly the boiler makes a quiet clicking sound and the burning process halts. No hot water comes out of the tap at all.

At this stage with the burner extremely hot to the touch (obviously) further demands for hot water are not met with any burner activity, but just a 'click' on opening the tap, and a 'click' when closing the tap.

When the boiler is left to cool for a good while, with no demands for HW or CH placed upon it, a subsequent demand for heat results in the original scenario where the burner momentarily fires up, giving a cruel glimmer of hope that it's working, then it conks out again.

CH doesn't work either - same story as above.

I have looked around the forums and the net in general for information before making this post, so any help provided would be massively appreciated.

Thank you

Matt

Sponsored Links
Its not immediately obvious to me what may be wrong but would need tests on the boiler.

Regardless of indications, measuring the resistance of the sensors is a good starting point!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Possible low water pressure and or air in the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back