Main Combi Eco 30 - CH ok but no HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler is working fine on the CH circuit - fires up no problem when the timer kicks in, rads nice and hot.

Unfortunately, turn on a hot tap and the burner won't fire. If the burner is already on for the CH, turning on a hot tap makes it go out! The boiler temp drops like a stone, down to cold water temperature, and the burner stays unlit.

It happened a few days ago and the troubleshooting guide suggested the filter may be clogged , so I followed the instructions and flushed out a jugful of black water until it ran clearish. When I switched the boiler back on, the HW worked OK and I thought that was it, but now it's happened again, and I know it can't be the filter as I already cleaned it out.

Anyone any ideas? Wife's dying for a bath!

Sponsored Links
Measure the resistance of the two temperature sensors with the boiler cold.

Tony

Do you mean the CH sensor as well as the DHW sensor? The CH sensor is really awkwardly positioned right up at the top. It would be!

Just checked and its still under warranty which is good news, so may as well get the installer to check it seeing as it's free. Hopefully he's not gone on holiday for xmas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back