Baxi Combi Boiler - CH/HW mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to the forum - wondering if someone could help.
I've just moved to a new house with a Baxi combi boiler - not sure whether its the 80e or the 105e model but its one of the two. Its a couple of years old.

When I set the boiler to CH/HW mode, heating kicks in and rads heat up and all is ok, but when i open a hot water tap it switches to HW mode to provide hot water on demand and CH mode is interrupted. This is all fine and as expected according to the instructions manual, however after hot water tap is turned off, the boiler remains in HW mode and never reverts back to CH. The instructions manual doesn't make any mention of this either. Is this how its meant to be or is there a fault or something I'm not doing riigt? I can't believe that it would be setup so!?!?

There is also a CH temp control, this doesn't make any difference to the operation (other than temp). There is also a HW pre-heat control which if turned on, will cause the boiler to first heat up the water then switch to CH (in CH/HW mode), but once again if hot water tap is tuned on, it reverts to HW and stays there regardless - surely after H/W tap is turned off and there is no more demand for it, it should revert to CH as its in the CH/HW setting??!?!?

Please help.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming the dhw pressure differential is sticking.

Part No. 248723

Thanks - where could I get this from/how much would it be approx and would I be able to change this myself?

Thanks again.

bout 60 to 70 for the diverter and easy to change if you have manual and a mechanical mind.just make sure u isolate electrical supply and drain the boiler.dont need to drain system just isolate boiler not forgeting to replace any lost anti corrosion agents

Sponsored Links
I you sure it never reverts to heating as standard they do have an inordinately long "economiser" or whatever Baxi like to call it function which it has proved does nothing for economy but was popularly fitted back in the day that boiler was designed. I think it's 4 minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back