Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Hope you can help me.
Got a baxi 105e combi. When I have been in shower the boiler is sticking
in hot water mode and not switching to central heating. I then have turn
off boiler and run hot water tap to get rid of hot water in boiler and allow
boiler to cool down. After doing this boiler runs ok until I next go in
shower. Had both HW and CH sensors changed. Any Ideas what is wrong.

Sponsored Links
There is a microswitch on the front of the diverter valve which internally where you can't see the contact is sticking together. As it is a molded leed I would be testing the terminal on the pcb. It is usually a three leed switch with a C and two other connections one switched to the C when switch not pushed in and one when it is pushed in. So with a ohmeter on beep operate switch and see if from C to each of the other makes a breaks as it should consistently. Not just sometimes but 20 times without a failure to prove such a component.

In this failure mode when no hot tap running central heating will get up to about 95 degrees until ohstat kicks in, rest a few seconds and go again. short cycle at very high temperatures. Feel warmth of rads from 5 ft away.

Not a good way to leave it.

Yep they stick on alot, they are a pain but a nice easy job.

Sponsored Links
Hi again.
Does anyone know the part number for the micro switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back