Boiler problem with tap/outlet leaking, now knob is broke of

S

snadge

I recently posted about a problem with the boiler, it occasionally leaked (every 2nd day or so) from the outlet on it , i kept tightening the Knob to stop it - seems the knob slowly comes slack(er) (a tiny bit) and it slowly drips - i posted on here but no-one was able to advise of a solution other than "its an IDEAL thats why" ... not much help that... anyway now its got to the point where I was pee'd off with it so used the pliers to try and nip it titghtly closed hoping it would stop permanently - this just stopped it from leaking for longer periods and did not fix the problem, now the knob has 'rounded off' (which was inevitable) , there is a valve next to it, im wondering if this will shut it off? what can I do?

see image below

thanks

mx0m8h.jpg

Sponsored Links
Attach a piece of hose to it with a jubilee clip and stuff a bolt up the other end also Jubilee clipped. This will stop it leaking. Looks too small to be standard hose fitment but a decent auto factors will have the correct bore

I love a bodge me :mrgreen:

Attach a piece of hose to it with a jubilee clip and stuff a bolt up the other end also Jubilee clipped. This will stop it leaking. Looks too small to be standard hose fitment but a decent auto factors will have the correct bore

thats a good idea, thanks

its tiny though about 5mm, will i get a jubilee clip to tighten that small or even find a piece of hose small enough?

what is "auto factors".. some car store?

thanks for that... :)

its tiny though about 5mm, will i get a jubilee clip to tighten that small or even find a piece of hose small enough?

Sorry yes an Auto factors is a car store (NOT HALFORDS THOUGH) and they will more than likely have special automotive clips for small diameter hoses which will do the same job as jubilee clips you are supposed to used a special crimp tool for them but a squeeze with pliers does the same job as you are not holding anything on under pressure

For a decent auto auto factors look for a Motaquip,Euro car Parts,Sam Centre or a Part co there are a good few.

Sponsored Links

Sorry yes an Auto factors is a car store (NOT HALFORDS THOUGH) and they will more than likely have special automotive clips for small diameter hoses which will do the same job as jubilee clips you are supposed to used a special crimp tool for them but a squeeze with pliers does the same job as you are not holding anything on under pressure

For a decent auto auto factors look for a Motaquip,Euro car Parts,Sam Centre or a Part co there are a good few.

cheers, I wouldnt have thought of that myself - youve probably saved use a fair bit on plumber call-out - i was trying to think of something to "wedge" in but obviously was stuck, i knew someone on here would have good idea and i was right.... thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back