Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
my vaillant Ecomax 824E takes very long time to produce hot water and i am wasting lot of water . Obviously it is a problem and any one out there could give me your expert suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
WHen you run a hot tap, does one of the heating pipes get hot (fat one, furthest left)

WHen you run a hot tap, does one of the heating pipes get hot (fat one, furthest left)
Dear Chris

It is my daughter's boiler in London and am in sheffield.I am going over on 5th sept and findout more. Thanks for your reply. Puvan

Sponsored Links
If there are no faults, the trick is:

Run the hot tap slowly - just fast enough for the boiler to recognise the demand - until it runs hot, then increase to the desired flow rate. The boiler will heat up from cold more quickly that way.

Does your daughter have the preheat function enabled?

This is indicated by a 'C' in the LCD display.

If there is no 'C' she needs to turn the top knob (identified by a tap graphic) fully clockwise, leave for two seconds, and then turn back to normal. The 'C' will then appear.

Without preheat, your boiler will have to go through its' ignition cycle before it begins to warm the water, giving a delay of 10 secs or thereabouts.

Disadvantage of preheat is that it uses a small amount of gas to provide this convenience - so you either 'waste' gas or water!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back